[REVIEW] By Wishtrend Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced SerumSerum
By Wishtrend Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced Serum is a highly concentrated Ascorbic Acid serum. If you are not used to Vitamin C serums this one would probably be too strong for you. I have been mainly using it in my morning routine. It plays well with all other products, there are no pilling issues.
The texture is very watery and it absorbs pretty easily. The main downside is that it stings sometimes after the application. I cannot use it after shaving my face, because it burns, and my face becomes irritated.
I recommend storing it in the fridge to keep it fresh. I gave this product 5 out 7. It checks all the boxes except “Ease of use” and “It-factor”.
The ingredient list is very short. First on the list is Sea buckthorn water which is itself a beneficial ingredient that has some antioxidant properties. The star of the show is 21.5% Ascorbic Acid. According to the theory and some research studies in-vitro, Ascorbic Acid can potentially brighten up the skin, improve skin texture and help to fight free radicals, i.e. it is a good ingredient to apply in the morning under sunscreen.
The main disadvantage of Ascorbic Acid is that it is very unstable, and products must be formulated in a proper pH to work. The pH of water-based solutions must be around 3.5, otherwise Vitamin C cannot penetrate the skin. In addition to Ascorbic Acid there are Sodium Hyaluronate and Panthenol – both are good humectants. There is also Allantoin which is a good soothing and skin conditioning ingredient. Overall it is a very well formulated serum.
Acne info: This product should be okay to use for people who have acne-prone skin. It does not include any known acne triggers.
30ml 25 EUR
pH 3.5 (great for Ascorbic acid serum)
Verdict: It is fine
- [REVIEW] Always Be Pure Marine Therapy Dark Spot…
- [REVIEW] Geek & Gorgeous 101 C-Glow 15% Vitamin C Serum
- [REVIEW] Ariul Smooth & Pure Micellar Cleansing Water
- [REVIEW] No7 Advanced Retinol 1.5% Complex Night Concentrate
- [REVIEW] Dermourra Advanced Brightening Day Cream SPF30
- [REVIEW] By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule
- [REVIEW] Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask
- [REVIEW] Liyu Skin Harenna Honey Mask
- [REVIEW] Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser
- [REVIEW] Soroci Organic Rice Mild Lotion
- [REVIEW] Consonant DHE Mask
- [REVIEW] Naruko Ampm 1000-Molecule Hyaluronic Acid Essence
- [REVIEW] Naruko Fruit Enzyme Exfoliating Skin Smoothie
- [REVIEW] COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
- [REVIEW] Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- [REVIEW] Dear Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop