[REVIEW] Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Biome EssenceEssence
The Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Biome Essence was actually the very first Dr. Jart+ product I tried, and to be honest I was quite impressed with the quality. Now I kinda wanna try more of their stuff.
The Biome Essence is formulated to improve the skin’s hydration levels where the balance is off, and also to improve the skin’s condition. It uses skin-friendly live bacteria and yeast that helps to balance the skin and strengthen its moisture barriers, preventing moisture loss and dehydration. They also added the brand’s Triple Hyaluronic Acid Complex, which is their special blend of HA’s to give the skin that plumpness and to help draw in moisture.
The essence also comes with the Vital Hydra Intensive Blue Shot, which is a booster that contains niacinamide and malachite extract. The Blue Shot brightens dull skin and improves firmness – you just add the contents of the Blue Shot into the main Biome Essence container and you’re good to go.
How to use
I’ve been using this as the first step to my day/night skincare routine, applying it using patting motions like a normal Korean essence. Its got a watery texture that sinks really quickly into the skin, leaving it slightly tacky but really plump and hydrated. As no fragrance is added, the essence has a slightly weird smell, but you sort of get used to it after a few uses.
I feel that it works really really great as a base for layering, cause it helps draw moisture into the skin. Hydration-wise, I think they did a really good job: I did notice that my skin can retain its hydration level for longer, it makes my skin feel plump and supple, and I can basically skip my hyaluronic serum when I use this. For me, it did give a healthier and more radiant complexion, although I think the main focus of this product is to boost hydration. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a solid base for their skincare routine, cause this works well with practically any product!
- [REVIEW] By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water
- [REVIEW] Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask
- [REVIEW] Cerave Moisturising Lotion
- [REVIEW] Purito Centella Green Level Unscented Sun SPF 50+ PA++++
- [REVIEW] Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- [REVIEW] Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser
- [REVIEW] Sioris You Look So Young Night Cream
- [REVIEW] The Skin House Dr. Clear Magic Powder Spot
- [REVIEW] Embody Naturals YEMAYA Kaolin and Sea Salt Moisture Mask
- [REVIEW] The Mango Girl Mango Butter