[REVIEW] Garden of Wisdom Salicylic Acid 2% SerumSerum
NAME: Garden of Wisdom Salicylic Acid 2% Serum
It’s been 5 weeks since I introduced this to my morning routine. Despite daily use of topical retinoid & azaleic acid I was still experiencing a mild monthly breakout often leading to hyperpigmentation & scarring.
In March I tried vitamin c to counteract the issue with no success, then, after more pronounced breakouts than usual I decided to try salicylic acid. I’ve used BHAs in the past in the form of toners & serums from Paula’s choice & the ordinary.
Looking back at my last review of the ordinary’s 2% salicylic acid serum I’m not sure why I didn’t reintroduce a BHA sooner. I was hesitant to try the ordinary’s serum again as I came across rumours that the serum has been reformulated & some users have experienced burning.
This product feels similar in texture to the formulation of the ordinary’s that I once reviewed. It’s a clear slightly tacky liquid consistency which I apply directly after cleansing to any areas where I have active breakouts, blackheads or areas prone to breaking out. There is sometimes some grittiness but no pilling or difficulty subsequently applying azaleic acid & sunscreen.
Yet again I have been surprised that despite retinoid & azaleic acid use – my skin has benefited from additional exfoliating. My skin is feeling smoother with fewer whiteheads & texture. I’ve had fewer & smaller breakouts which disappear quickly without any scarring.
I will continue to use this as long as my skin can tolerate it. I would happily advise anyone with acne prone congested skin to try it. If combining with other active acne treatments start slow – once every few days perhaps & build up as tolerance allows.
Salicylic acid 2%
DIRECTIONS: use as a serum after cleansing where required
PROS: great price, effective at improving skin texture & breakouts, very few ingredients
CONS: could irritate sensitive skin but if introduced cautiously & used only in congested areas this might be avoidable
- [REVIEW] Garden of Wisdom Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic…
- [REVIEW] Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Perfect Sun Block
- [REVIEW] HoliFrog Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash
- [REVIEW] Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream
- [REVIEW] By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water
- [REVIEW] The Inkey List Succinic Acid Blemish Treatment
- [REVIEW] Ksoni Jivati [Rejuvenate] Balancing Shampoo
- [REVIEW] Bath House Kombu Seaweed Balancing Facial Toner
- [REVIEW] ROSEN Skincare Earth Mask
- [REVIEW] Balance Active Formula Hyaluronic Deep Moisture Serum
- [REVIEW] Champneys Citrus Blush Enlivening Body Butter
- [REVIEW] Beautaniq Fill + Tame Nourishing Tinted Brow Gel
- [REVIEW] Skin Sapiens Facial Cleansing Gel
- [REVIEW] Peace & Pure Timeless Elixir Facial Serum
- [REVIEW] Sweet Chef Ginger Kombucha + Vitamin D Chill Mist
- [REVIEW] Sunday Riley Pink Drink Firming Resurfacing Essence
- Blemish Treatment
- Body Balm
- Body Butter
- Body Spray
- Eye Balm
- Face Mist
- Face Oil
- Face Spray
- Face Wash
- Hand Lotion
- Powder Spot
- Shower Gel
- Sleeping Care
- Sun Cream
- Underarm Care