[REVIEW] GlamGlow Supermud Clearing TreatmentMask
I bought Supermud Clearing Treatment at Christmas with my other Glamglow mask. I tried it out back then, however didn’t continue with it. I wanted to give it another go.
Ingredients wise, this has some spot-clearing beauties in it. It has Activated-X Charcoal (Charcoal is amazing at pulling toxins out!) an “extreme absorption carbon” that pulls toxins and dirt from your pores. In picture 5, you’ll see my pores showing up! This is to show you that the mask is doing it’s job. It has a mix of 6 acids- salicylic, glycolic, lactic, tartaric, mandelic and pytuvic. These work on different layers of your skin to unclog pores. K-17 Clay collects any excess oils on your skin so they get washed off too!
Glamglow recommend you use this 1-3 times a week. They do warn you that your face “tingles” when the mask is on, but it does worry me as I think it’s my skin reacting! The tingling does subside after a while. I left my mask on until it had dried (around 15mins) and washed it off. My skin definitely felt soft and had a nice glow to it, however I wouldn’t say I noticed any massive results with my pores. I get blackheads on my nose and chin, but I noticed no change after using this mask. This is why I gave up with the product the first time, I had been using it for a few weeks and my skin was the same.
Personally, I don’t like the smell. It smells like a minty licorice. I don’t notice it after a while, but it is quite off-putting for me. The texture is good, it feels a bit watery at first, but it goes onto the skin nicely.
I really want to love this product, but I just don’t. It’s a shame because I’ve read some positive reviews from other people. It’s entirely possible it’s just not suited to my skin type. I have to say my skin felt soft and smooth after, but with a “clearing mask”, I would’ve liked to see some results in terms of my pores/blemishes. It’s quite expensive too!
- [REVIEW] Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask
- [REVIEW] Liyu Skin Harenna Honey Mask
- [REVIEW] Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser
- [REVIEW] Soroci Organic Rice Mild Lotion
- [REVIEW] Consonant DHE Mask
- [REVIEW] Naruko Ampm 1000-Molecule Hyaluronic Acid Essence
- [REVIEW] Naruko Fruit Enzyme Exfoliating Skin Smoothie
- [REVIEW] COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
- [REVIEW] Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- [REVIEW] Dear Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop