[REVIEW] I’m From Mugwort Spot GelAcne
I don’t know what’s up with my skin but I’ve been getting quite a few angry pimples recently. Instead of being sad, I decided it was the prime opportunity to test out some spot treatments! Today I’ve got the I’m From Mugwort Spot Gel which I picked up on a clearance sale.
1. Cooling sensation
2. Great for after popping a zit
3. Didn’t do much for my angry pimples
This comes out as a clear gel that instantly smells like mugwort (that same herbaceous earthy smell as the essence). It brings a cooling sensation and dries to a clear film.
I won’t beat around the bush. This literally didn’t do anything for my pimples. The biggest postive was the cooling and refreshing sensation that it brought. It really helps to calm down the heated skin after you pop a zit (I know I shouldn’t but sometimes it’s hard to resist a juicy one). Although this contains salicylic acid, I failed to notice any improvement to my angry pimples. It neither reduced in size nor brought long term relief to the area. And because of the high % of drying alcohol, this also dried out the surface of the pimple, making it kinda flaky (which makes hyperpigmentation worse in my experience).
Will I repurchase?
I’m greatly disappointed by this product and now I know why it was on clearance sale. The I’m From mugwort line has been so far but this really isn’t it. It’s also USD19 for 15 ml which isn’t that expensive but given the lackluster results, I’ll say save the cash.
Recommended for: I’m really not sure LOL. Maybe if you just want a temporarily cooling gel for your zits?
Star Ingredients: Mugwort Extract, Salicylic Acid, Artemesia Vulgaris Oil, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Odorata Extract, Cordyceps Mushroom Extract.
- [REVIEW] Forlle’d Hyalogy P-Effect Refining Lotion
- [REVIEW] Sora Organics Blue Calming Facial Oil
- [REVIEW] Ready Set Jet Beauty Baton
- [REVIEW] Ksoni Zakti Refreshing Body Wash
- [REVIEW] Paula’s Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm
- [REVIEW] The Inkey List PCA Bond Repair Hair Treatment
- [REVIEW] Youth to the People Superberry Dream Eye Cream
- [REVIEW] Banobagi Calming Care Moisture Pad
- [REVIEW] Feuillete Smooth Essence Water
- [REVIEW] Sunday Riley Light Hearted Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Blemish Treatment
- Body Balm
- Body Butter
- Body Cream
- Body Spray
- Body Wash
- Eye Balm
- Face Balm
- Face Mist
- Face Oil
- Face Spray
- Face Wash
- Hand Lotion
- Powder Spot
- Shower Gel
- Sleeping Care
- Sun Cream
- Underarm Care