[REVIEW] Rohto Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture GelSunscreen
The Japanese sunscreen Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel by Rohto has been recommended to me by several of my friends in Japan and I always take recommendations from residents very seriously. They have access to all the different brands in that country, and if they chose one in particular, I definitely pay attention.
Quick breakdown of ingredients:
Sunscreen filters – three filters for UVB and one for UVA:
• Octinoxate – 3rd ingredient and protects against UVB.
• Tinosorb S – 12th ingredient, very photostable, and protects against both UVB and UVA.
• Uvinul T 150 – 13th ingredient, very photostable protection against UVB.
This product is also waterproof.
Sidenote – in watching Youtube videos by people like Dr Dray, it looks to me like the formula used to include Uvinal A to protect against UVA. However, the packaging for my bottle did not show Uvinal A anywhere. So my question is, with Tinosorb S as the 12th ingredient, does that provide adequate protection for a PA ++++ rating? Any feedback would be appreciated 🙏
Ingredients highlights (all help with moisturizing):
• Sodium Hyaluronate
• Super Hyaluronic Acid
• Hydrolyzed Collagen
• Contains alcohol as the second ingredient.
• This is the lightest sunscreen I have ever used. I can see why everyone loves it. It sinks into my skin so quickly.
• No whitecast
• Semi-matte finish
• Does not pill at all, even after reapplying.
• Did not irritate my skin.
Purchased this from Stylevana for $15.99/140g.
(Check my bio for a discount code if you want to purchase too).
1. I love the experience, the price, and the fact that it’s waterproof.
2. I just have a small concern about adequate UVA coverage, which is simply because I don’t know the exact percentage of Tinosorb S in the product.
- [REVIEW] Beaver Cherry Blossom Conditioner
- [REVIEW] Consonant Natural Foaming Face Wash
- [REVIEW] Human+Kind Body Souffle
- [REVIEW] the SKIN HOUSE Vital pH Balance Gel Cleanser
- [REVIEW] Round Lab 1025 Dokdo Toner
- [REVIEW] SkinRX Lab MadeCera Express Mask
- [REVIEW] SKINRX LAB Madecera Cream Infused Double Essence Toner
- [REVIEW] TIAM Vita B3 Source
- [REVIEW] The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm
- [REVIEW] The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%