The Japanese sunscreen Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel by Rohto has been recommended to me by several of my friends in Japan and I always take recommendations from residents very seriously. They have access to all the different brands in that country, and if they chose one in particular, I definitely pay attention.
Quick breakdown of ingredients:
Sunscreen filters – three filters for UVB and one for UVA:
• Octinoxate – 3rd ingredient and protects against UVB.
• Tinosorb S – 12th ingredient, very photostable, and protects against both UVB and UVA.
• Uvinul T 150 – 13th ingredient, very photostable protection against UVB.
This product is also waterproof.
Sidenote – in watching Youtube videos by people like Dr Dray, it looks to me like the formula used to include Uvinal A to protect against UVA. However, the packaging for my bottle did not show Uvinal A anywhere. So my question is, with Tinosorb S as the 12th ingredient, does that provide adequate protection for a PA ++++ rating? Any feedback would be appreciated ????
Ingredients highlights (all help with moisturizing):
• Sodium Hyaluronate
• Super Hyaluronic Acid
• Hydrolyzed Collagen
• Contains alcohol as the second ingredient.
• This is the lightest sunscreen I have ever used. I can see why everyone loves it. It sinks into my skin so quickly.
• No whitecast
• Semi-matte finish
• Does not pill at all, even after reapplying.
• Did not irritate my skin.
Purchased this from Stylevana for $15.99/140g.
(Check my bio for a discount code if you want to purchase too).
1. I love the experience, the price, and the fact that it’s waterproof.
2. I just have a small concern about adequate UVA coverage, which is simply because I don’t know the exact percentage of Tinosorb S in the product.