[REVIEW] Rohto Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture GelSunscreen
The Japanese sunscreen Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel by Rohto has been recommended to me by several of my friends in Japan and I always take recommendations from residents very seriously. They have access to all the different brands in that country, and if they chose one in particular, I definitely pay attention.
Quick breakdown of ingredients:
Sunscreen filters – three filters for UVB and one for UVA:
• Octinoxate – 3rd ingredient and protects against UVB.
• Tinosorb S – 12th ingredient, very photostable, and protects against both UVB and UVA.
• Uvinul T 150 – 13th ingredient, very photostable protection against UVB.
This product is also waterproof.
Sidenote – in watching Youtube videos by people like Dr Dray, it looks to me like the formula used to include Uvinal A to protect against UVA. However, the packaging for my bottle did not show Uvinal A anywhere. So my question is, with Tinosorb S as the 12th ingredient, does that provide adequate protection for a PA ++++ rating? Any feedback would be appreciated 🙏
Ingredients highlights (all help with moisturizing):
• Sodium Hyaluronate
• Super Hyaluronic Acid
• Hydrolyzed Collagen
• Contains alcohol as the second ingredient.
• This is the lightest sunscreen I have ever used. I can see why everyone loves it. It sinks into my skin so quickly.
• No whitecast
• Semi-matte finish
• Does not pill at all, even after reapplying.
• Did not irritate my skin.
Purchased this from Stylevana for $15.99/140g.
(Check my bio for a discount code if you want to purchase too).
1. I love the experience, the price, and the fact that it’s waterproof.
2. I just have a small concern about adequate UVA coverage, which is simply because I don’t know the exact percentage of Tinosorb S in the product.
- [REVIEW] Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF 50 PA++++
- [REVIEW] Votary Super Seed Facial Oil
- [REVIEW] Revolution Skincare 15% Niacinamide Super Serum
- [REVIEW] Poppy Skincare Super Nourishing Organic Face Oil
- [REVIEW] ROVECTIN Aqua Soothing Uv Protector SPF 50+ PA++++
- [REVIEW] Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream
- [REVIEW] Dear Klairs Fundamental Watery Oil Drop
- [REVIEW] The Clean Beauty Club Wonder Serum
- [REVIEW] 107 Everyday Plump Hydro Cream
- [REVIEW] Celimax The Real Noni Hydra Firming Lotion
- [REVIEW] Celimax The Real Noni Moisture Balancing Toner
- [REVIEW] VEGREEN Fragrance-free Nature Mucin Serum
- [REVIEW] The Clean Beauty Club Wonder Balm The Fancy One
- [REVIEW] Beautycounter Counter+ All Bright C Serum
- [REVIEW] Yves Rocher Sensitive Camomille Cleansing Oil
- [REVIEW] 2NDESIGN Springy Peeling Gel Tone Up Boost
- Blemish Treatment
- Body Balm
- Body Butter
- Body Cream
- Body Spray
- Eye Balm
- Face Balm
- Face Mist
- Face Oil
- Face Spray
- Face Wash
- Hand Lotion
- Powder Spot
- Shower Gel
- Sleeping Care
- Sun Cream
- Underarm Care