[REVIEW] The Inkey List Oat Cleansing BalmCleanser
So I’ve been testing this out for a couple of weeks now and thought it was time for my review: the The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm.
Who else has this product, and what do you think of it??
TEXTURE – for the first 2/3 weeks it was extremely thick and slightly grainy. It also made it very difficult to squeeze out. HOWEVER after this period, it is now a not so grainy, regular balm texture, making it much more enjoyable! but it is still a little thick in my opinion which makes it hard to gently spread around the face (especially eyes) without tugging.
FRAGRANCE – no fragrance
FINISH – leaves a slight oily film on the face, so would never be able to use without a second cleanse. It is pretty good at makeup removal, however I don’t wear loads to know for sure.
INGREDIENTS – its first ingredient is ‘sweet almond oil’, an emollient plant oil containing nourishing fatty acids good for moisturising and softening the skin. It’s highlighted ingredient is ‘oat kernel oil’ and is another skin soothing and smoothing ingredient, and contains antioxidant properties – however I think this is what causes the slight grainy scrub texture.
BOTTLE – bigger than expected! but a great size for the price. Hard to squeeze out. Wish it was in a jar, however it is more sanitary.
DOWNSIDES? The thick grainy texture (see texture section for details). Also the oils sometimes separated from the balm texture making the consistency quite strange.
WOULD I REPURCHASE? No, not hated but not loved.
CRUELTY FREE? Yes
PRICE – £9.99 from the The Inkey List website.
It is however an amazing price and very accessible in the UK which is great.
- [REVIEW] Beaver Cherry Blossom Conditioner
- [REVIEW] Consonant Natural Foaming Face Wash
- [REVIEW] Human+Kind Body Souffle
- [REVIEW] the SKIN HOUSE Vital pH Balance Gel Cleanser
- [REVIEW] Round Lab 1025 Dokdo Toner
- [REVIEW] SkinRX Lab MadeCera Express Mask
- [REVIEW] SKINRX LAB Madecera Cream Infused Double Essence Toner
- [REVIEW] TIAM Vita B3 Source
- [REVIEW] The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm
- [REVIEW] The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%